New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

LiveJournal rich text

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tafika

I'm trying to update my LJ, with cuts and images being posted.
The thing is, I don't want to have to learn the HTML for it, when I can simply click a button to get the things I need.

But, when I click "Rich text" to make these things easier, I get told that my 'Browser does not support rich text'.
This happens in both Safari and IE.

Is there a way for me to make Rich text work?
Or am I going to have to put my pictures on my memory stick, and walk all the way downstairs to my PC to share my photographs with my friends?

Little help?
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Xjournal is an app that seems to be what you are asking for, Xjournal logs into your livejournal account and lets you do all you need from that app. It does has features to make text bold, underlined, etc. It also will insert images for you without you having to know html. It's free too. Post back, if this isn't what you meant.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Try Mozilla or Camino
QUOTE Thanks
tafika

I don't want an LJ client. I just want to be able to update through the site, but with the rich text toolbar at the top.
On the LJ help pages it's told me the settings that my web browser needs to be on, and it's already on those settings.
Also, I've checked for any browser updates, and I have all the latest versions.
I can't see what the problem is.

Yes, I know I could easily solve it by downloading a client. But I don't see the need to get one when I should be able to do all I need to do through my web browser.

This is just hassle. I can see me going back to my PC every time I want to update my journal.
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

livejounrals are naughty!

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafika
I don't want an LJ client. I just want to be able to update through the site, but with the rich text toolbar at the top.
On the LJ help pages it's told me the settings that my web browser needs to be on, and it's already on those settings.
Also, I've checked for any browser updates, and I have all the latest versions.
I can't see what the problem is.
Have you tried using Firefox? IE for Mac is complete and utter trash, there haven't and will not be any more updates for it. Ever since the 10.3.9 update, Safari does get a little flaky with Java based things like the text editor in LJ. In short, Firefox handles Java much better. Part of the problem is that whomever designed the LJ editor did not consider crossplatform harmony. I see the same thing at work with Mac users trying to use a similar JVM based text editor...it just doesn't work on the Mac. Anyhow, Firefox or Netscape is your best bet in this case, though I am not guaranteeing anything.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
tafika

Ahh righto.
Thanks for the help, I'll have a look into that one as soon as I can get the upstairs network cable off my brother.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick HTML Help Needed | AN ultra simple Java app develpoment studio? »