Question iWeb- Missing Files
    Hello.

When I open iWeb, All of my site data is there, however I get a message saying some files are missing (it lists them). These files are pictures that were included with iWeb (Theme Banners, Accents, etc...). I reinstalled iWeb, ran disk permission, rebooted, restored from time machine and still the same issue. This is a gobble issue on my machine, all user accounts have the same issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    I have had this problem too. Most of the files are there, but some of the default placeholders are gone, which leads me to believe other files might be missing too. I have iWeb 09 and it generally works great. I just wonder why suddenly I was getting a list of missing elements, and why some of the placeholder images are missing (including the "Made with a Mac" image).

Any advice?

Hello. I have not yet fixed this issue, I just learned to live with it for now. It may be in my domain file where my site data is stored. Thanks.

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help out. It's not really hindering my project, but I get irritated just knowing that some files are missing. I'm going to take my MBP to the Genius Bar and I'll see what they say.

Fix to missing files
    Hello All,

I had the same problem with iWeb. My issue was in connection to a "photo" page. Whenever I clicked on that particular page, it kicked out an error stating that a file was missing. At first, it happened every time I clicked on the "album" containing two "photo" pages. When I would click on that album it was kick out two errors. "Missing file" "75165009_getty_large-1.jpg" and "Missing file" "75165009_getty_large-2.jpg" So I deleted the album and left the two photo pages alone, after I saved and restarted I noticed that the errors were connected to each photo page and not the album itself.

I then checked iWeb by clicking on "Show package contents" by right clicking on iWeb in the applications folder. I changed the finder preferences to "Search the current folder" and typed in "getty". The files that came up were "75165009_getty_large.jpg" and "75165009_getty.jpg" Since they were there I determined that the Domain was the issue, and not the installation of iWeb. I then made a separate photo page of the same type and copied everything from the old into the new page. After I deleted the old photo page I saved and restarted iWeb to check the fix. It worked, no more missing file error. I am really not sure how it happened in the first place, but that was my fix for the problem. I hope that helps.

Thread Information