New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Free website domain

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

Hey guys, I currently have an account with Webs.com for my business, but I want to give it a face-lift, and use iWeb to do so. I was just using their templates online, and I want to try something new. Now i'm not sure if there site allows the use of importing an iWeb made site, and i'm not sure how to do it either. But their tech support is terrible in terms of them responding to questions, so i'm on the lookout for another free site that will accept iWeb creations. Can anyone recommend a few? Thanks!

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
EstrlM3

EstrlM3 is on a distinguished road

you might wanna go with a paid site like go daddy, or hostmonster, etc.

they are very cheap 3.95 /mont -> 9.95/month and also offer several in page tools for editting/sql.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Any other newbies come posting their recommendations for web host sites that are not free as requested by the op - and you're banned.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I actually was recommended a site called 000webhost.com. Here's my new site if anyone wants to take a look at it: http://www.mkstudios.comxa.com/

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Looks nice mk - if you were down in my neck of the woods I might take ya up on a class or two.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

Hey thanks bobtomay, well if you have any questions about anything, you know where I am.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
I actually was recommended a site called 000webhost.com. Here's my new site if anyone wants to take a look at it: http://www.mkstudios.comxa.com/
Hey thats a cool looking site...you should make the Jpegs Interlaced so they will load faster on slower connection speeds. Really like the grey textures..very nice.
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

Thanks, now you mentioned interlaced, is that how to save them in Photoshop, or is there something in iWeb that does that?

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
Thanks, now you mentioned interlaced, is that how to save them in Photoshop, or is there something in iWeb that does that?
Thats how you save them in your photo program. It may be in options or advanced in the Save As Window. It gives the viewer a low res pic and as the site loads to your full DPI. They have some idea of whats on your site and not run off before a regular Jpeg loads.
QUOTE Thanks
goon44

goon44 is on a distinguished road

I got my free URL and hosting from limedomains.com, i couldnt find the sever address so i went to their suppot page and they have chat support and i got all my questions answered in just a few minutes.
my site is at http://hockeyteamhistory.limewebs.com
Its still under construction but its all made using iWeb 09
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Website help | Anything iWeb. Tips, tricks or websites »