Web Designing Software
    What is the best web designing software for Mac (I'm not a pro). I want to build a website and already have a domain,host.

Simple siite to include:
    a blog, picture place...

I would recommend Dreamweaver. It's a really comprehensive tool and you can get a 30day free trial from It takes a little bit of time to get used to but in my opinion there is nothing better out there for the new user. I even know people who do web stuff for a living and they do all their coding and design in Dreamweaver.

Mount Vernon, WA
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    What about contribute? it's basically the same as Dreamweaver, but with not as many features? Kind of like Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.. I have not used Contribute, but if someone has, could you speak up and either confirm or deny the similarities? I know it's a lot cheaper than Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver = $$$$$$ for sure. If you attend college I know alot of places provide the really expensive stuff for free, you might want to check that out.

Never heard of Contribute, I'd like to hear something about it.

London, UK
    Powerbook G4 1.5ghz 1.25gb
    Check out Nvu (

It's free, cross platform (Windows and Linux as well as Mac) and the Mac version is a proper Mac application. Very much like Frontpage and uses tables for layout. When I switched from Windows to Mac for most of my work I started using it and its great. I think it's associated with Mozilla Firefox but I'm not sure. Anyway, give it a try before you lash out the dollars on Dreamweaver!

Harrisburg, PA
    Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM
    Contribute is more of a maintenance type of software and isn't really made to actually design pages. That aside it is a great product and I suggest it most of the time for clients who want to take over maintaining their site on their own.

Dreamweaver probably has a decent learning curve but it a great program that writes fairly clean code and has a good design interface. It would be my suggestion unless this is the only site you will ever design in which case it would be expensive and kinda overkill.

New Jersey
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    I am going to have to recomend dreamweaver, I actually made websites when I was a freshmen in HS using dream weaver and flash, 2 very good programs, and If I learned how to use them as freshmen, you should have no problem picking them up.
    My Website
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Thread Information