New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Best WYSIWYG Editor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brian515

brian515 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but right now, I have a simple website (www.bicdevs.com) that I build with iWeb and publish via FTP. However, I'm looking for some more advanced features that iWeb doesn't seem to offer. Specifically, I'm looking to implement HTML5 video and possibly a blog with comments.

Right now, I have Dreamweaver CS5 and Contribute CS3 (and iWeb '09 which I'm using now). I don't really know much HTML, CSS, or Javascript so I'm kind of ruling out Dreamweaver, and I don't know that Contribute CS3 can do either of those things.

So, I'm eyeing either Rapidweaver or an upgrade to Contribute CS5. Or if anyone has any other suggestions on good, inexpensive WYSIWYG editors that have those features, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If you are not used to editing code then Dreamweaver can be very daunting

Try Freeway, you can download a 30 day demo to give it a try

Softpress: Products : Freeway Pro and Freeway Express - design the web!

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
jasonm1

jasonm1 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I've always used FCKeditor as my WYSIWYG of choice - has it be renamed to CKEditor though? ckeditor.com

Check it out, its free!
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis is a jewel in the roughSgt Beavis is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to check out those suggestions. I do like iWeb09 for its simplicity but it is just to limited. Some of those limitations are just stupid. For instance, You have to manually enter things like meta tags after you've uploaded them.
QUOTE Thanks
Bihar

Bihar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone

How about wusiwugwebbuilder dot com. I have used for my site and seems pretty good but it doesnt have a great deal of features.
QUOTE Thanks
13131jonny

13131jonny is on a distinguished road

Kompozer is very good and incredibly simple
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« localhost forbidden, localhost/~username allowed | How to optimize a flash site? »