New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Making a survey on a page

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

benparko

benparko will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1

Hey,

My girlfriend's sister just called my girlfriend to ask if I could build a page on a website for the place she works at. She works for the city. I didn't get much information off her but all I know is I need to have a page with a survey on it with about 10-15 questions about the customers experience. Like a customer satisfaction form. Then all of the results of the form will need to be emailed to a certain email address. I was just wondering, what information will I need in order to do it for her. I don't see it being too hard of a job, but I don't develop or design web pages. But still, I know I would be able to do it.

What will I need to know off her prior to me building it? I have built a few internal wiki pages for a company I used to work for in London. If it's just some HTML code, how will I update it to the website? Won't I need access to their server to change things there?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

-Ben

Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon
QUOTE Thanks
benparko

benparko will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1

OK now I have a bit more info...

The survey will be in HTML/CSS. I found an example survey online which they showed me and they want one similar, it's here:

https://www.hellewi.fi/vasa/as.asp?Malli=469&Nro=1038

Would I be able to just edit the code and send it back to her? or is there another way I should be doing it? Also I couldn't find anywhere in the code an email address. When you click send, surely this survey emails it to someone.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ben

Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon
QUOTE Thanks
Rawn

Rawn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 3.06GHz processor, ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics, 1TB HDD

I can't see any form on that page, all I see is a header.

But anyway, the easiest way to make a form is to use the HTML tag <form> then make text areas if the idea is for customers to write comments, or use radio button/select boxes. This is all done in HTML. The hard will be sending the answers to the email address. I'm not 100% sure on how to do that, as I've only worked with PHP to send to a database, but I imagine you'd need to write something like:

<form name="survey" method="post" action="email">

Where you put the code for sending to email in the action bit. I'm not actually sure how to do it, sorry. Google around 'form action html' or something like that. I'd help more, but I need to go to bed. I'll check back tomorrow though, good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Navigation Menu Disappearing When Published | Site parsing error »