New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Some questions about iWeb themes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brunoschull

brunoschull is on a distinguished road

Hi Folks,

I would like to create a basic web page. iWeb looks like a very easy to use system.

I have some questions about iWeb themes.

1) If I buy the iWeb, how many themes will I be able to choose from?

2) There seem to be many sites offering themes for free or for sale--are these sites trustworthy? Any good sites with a nice range of themes?

3) I always find myself wanting simple themes--like a blank white page. Does anybody know of a very simple blank white (or nearly blank white) iWeb theme?

4) With other template systems I have used in the past, I have always been frustrated by simple things, like not being able to change fixed colors or font sizes/styles. To what extent can you change elements of iWeb themes?

OK, that's a good start.

Many thanks,

Bruno
QUOTE Thanks
brunoschull

Thanks! That helped a great deal.

In fact, I realized I had an older (pre 09?) version of iWeb on my computer, and I immediately got started with a blank white page, and created a basic framework that I really like. So easy to use! Go Mac!

I have a follow up question:

Is there a way to have a "menu within a menu" or a "sub-menu" on a page?

For example, on the main default menu, I have a list of pages: home, contacts, and so on.

Within one of those pages, I would like to have links to other pages, which do not appear on the main menu.

The only way I can figure out to do it now is to create a new page, but, of course, the new page will appear in the main menu, defeating the purpose....

I followed the link you provided about creating a custom menu, but I am not sure I understand exactly how to do that, or if it is possible with my older version of iWeb.

How do I make a page, or a set of pages, with links, that does not show up on the main menu?

Any insight?

Once more, many thanks.

Bruno
QUOTE Thanks
brunoschull

Hi,

I found a great site which answered my questions (see below) but I would appreciate any input anyway.

Thanks

Bruno

iWeb FAQ - Navigation menu FAQ
QUOTE Thanks
william583

william583 is on a distinguished road

hello,
i am facing a big problem. i purchase a domain from some other site and hosting from some other site. now how can i run the domain on this hosting

its me william
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by william583 View Post
hello,
i am facing a big problem. i purchase a domain from some other site and hosting from some other site. now how can i run the domain on this hosting
Your hosting service should provide you with the IP address for your new web site. Take that address and go back to the site that provided your domain name. They should have a screen that allows you to associate your domain name with the IP address. It is hard to prescribe exactly how to do that without knowing who your domain-name site is. If it is GoDaddy I can tell you that in detail but for others, you'll just have to poke around or maybe someone else here has used your service and can explain it in detail for you.

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Site built using iWeb keeps getting infected | Need an easy to use/install app to collect email addresses »