New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Joomla vs. Drupal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sholdzy

sholdzy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 2GB

I have read countless articles on this topic, but still can't come to a conclusion.

I am familiar with DotNetNuke and have had enough of it. The ASP language is way over my head, since I'm more experienced with PHP anyways.

My next project is to create a site that allows certain users to upload a video and also have a description below it. I'm sure both of these platforms can handle such a simple request, but hearing some more advice from you guys would be great.

I also develop a lot of skins for DotNetNuke, and would need to continue to do that on whichever new platform I choose. Is one better than another at developing skins?

Thanks in advance,
Carson

Portfolio: Carson Shold Design
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I've played with virtually every CMS out there at one point of time..and Drupal and Joomla are by far some of the most advanced programs with a ton of plugins and customization possibilities..but with this comes a steep learning curve..

Both of have the capabilities of using alternate theme/skins..a lot of websites go to Drupal for sites that might take a beating..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
neonmac

neonmac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it

I do not like the ASP language and do not see a need for most developers to learn or use it. Yes, I am an avid lover of PHP. Though PHP is more universal and can be run on more wide range of servers. I like that. When I started my degree in programming, I was quick to get into PHP.

I worked in Web Development and would personally go with Joomla.

The only thing Microsoft could make that would not suck, would be a vacum.

www.obsessivemacdisorder.com
QUOTE Thanks
TheTGDJ

TheTGDJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

Personally I prefer Joomla as it's the first one I used for building a website it's also fairly easy to setup and to work with. I've not really used Drupal that much so I don't know as much about it as I do with Joomla.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Rapidweaver | Basic question »