iWeb alternative?
    I am currently looking into setting up my own games renting website. I tried using iWeb but I find that it has one too many bugs.

Is there anything similar and easy to use like iWeb, that is really good? And not soo expensive.

Thanks

You didn't specify what you want to do with the site such as run some scripts, login, signup, etc. Take a look at Wordpress. It much more than just a blogging application and fairly easy to set up. You'll need a hosting account and there's plenty of plugins to do what you're looking for.

Well, I was going to have a login/signup page but I do not know how to do that with iWeb?
    Also If I did get a login page how can I change the view of the page to the member? for instance it says login... once the user logs in it will change to log out? or the user has unique features that non members have?

Also was looking for how to do this.
    A user is browsing through the list of games, then decides to put one on their 'wish list', clicks 'add to wish list' then I wanted it to add it to a 'wish list'. Any way I can do that?

And are there anymore themes I can get for iWeb?

Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    If you have any aptitude for programming, I would say to forget iWeb and the whole class of GUI drag and drop page layout programs. Pick up one good book on PHP and read it. After that, you are off to the races. You can design ANY page layout you want, and achieve pretty much any sort of login/logout/etc. behavior that you wish. Add one more good book on Javascript, and you can make your sites pretty "flashy" too.

This is what I have done - I am now doing web design for a living, and it all started when I picked up a book on PHP less than two years ago.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

What book did you read? And what php program did you use?

Thanks for your help

Have you tried wix its a free flash based builder Create a Free Website , Free Flash Website Builder at Wix.com

you can grab the code and embed it into a html page use mozilla I use it and embed it onto one Iweb page and all the pages are that move are on wix. Reducing the errors

I find if you do not use shadows in iweb it works pretty good on most browsers, but when you add the extras like "reflections" thats when it goes a little wobbly.

angus cooney

Specs:
    Various Mac Minis, Mac Mini Servers
    Sun Microsystems makes a great open-source development environment called "NetBeans". Its complicated, but extremely powerful and free. (Welcome to NetBeans)

I work at a web development company and most of our Apple developers prefer 'Coda'. (Panic - Coda - One-Window Web Development for Mac OS X)

Specs:
    White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
    Quote Originally Posted by mac57 View Post
    If you have any aptitude for programming, I would say to forget iWeb and the whole class of GUI drag and drop page layout programs. Pick up one good book on PHP and read it. After that, you are off to the races. You can design ANY page layout you want, and achieve pretty much any sort of login/logout/etc. behavior that you wish. Add one more good book on Javascript, and you can make your sites pretty "flashy" too.

This is what I have done - I am now doing web design for a living, and it all started when I picked up a book on PHP less than two years ago.
    I'm not sure if you need any PHP for this stuff, but HTML will serve you well on any website! I completely agree.
    Chris K.

Thread Information