New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

looking for best Mac supporting hosting service

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sfethan

sfethan is on a distinguished road

Hi, I was thinking about getting a MobileMe service for my web hosting, but after research, found that there are lots of alternatives out there, now I'm thinking about 1and1.com, but not sure if they're good at Mac support, such as integrating with iWeb and stuff, is there any better hosting service out there? thank you for your time and help.
QUOTE Thanks
dwright

dwright is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Various Mac Minis, Mac Mini Servers

As far as shared hosting goes www.pair.com is well known for being extremely helpful and reliable. I don't know about mac support specificly, but I would guess its better then average.
QUOTE Thanks
BrenGun

BrenGun is on a distinguished road

HTH. I just started using Fatcow.com and have had good luck with them. Not bad at $88 a year, but you can get a lower price at $66 I think for the first year. It includes unlimited bandwidth and server space and a free domain name. I've been pretty happy so far with using Dreamweaver and iWeb '09, though the customer service is based in India I'm pretty sure.
QUOTE Thanks
iWebdezine

iWebdezine is on a distinguished road

I use Godaddy, works out great for me...
QUOTE Thanks
thetechguyblog

thetechguyblog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram Running Snow Leopard

I use 1and1 and Wordpress. It's super easy, and you have lots of room to expand. Plus I ended up with a sweet deal when I signed up (3 months free), so I payed something like $22 for the first 6 months...oh and Wordpress is free to download and install on your webhosting!

1and1 Web Hosting
QUOTE Thanks
Scott Baret

Scott Baret has a spectacular aura about

I also use Fatcow (with an iWeb page) and have had great luck with it (I've been using it for over a year). I spoke with them via telephone when I first created my page to verify some details and everyone I spoke to was very helpful and clear. The rates are reasonable as well; $88 per year is very good.

You'll also get an e-mail address with your domain; the webmail service isn't bad but the boxes do fill up fast so make sure the folks who send you large photos use an alternate e-mail address or else you will meet your quotas very quickly.

I'd recommend FatCow in a heartbeat and already have done so to many others.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« More album headaches with iWeb | Web Clips Pet Peeve »