New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

What would be the Mac equivelant to Front Page?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Woodensail

Woodensail is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27-inch (Core 2 Duo)

I alter my Web Page with Microsoft Front Page, and it's easy to do, but I have to use my Windows machine for all Webpage stuff. Is there something comparable, or a way to run Front page on my Imac?

Thanks for the help
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Well, you can install Windows via one of several different means. Or you can look for a suitable alternative. Dreamweaver is the preeminent web development package in the industry, but it's expensive and has a bit of a learning curve.

For most people, I recommend Rapidweaver. Relatively cheap and pretty simple to use.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

For your front page software you can run it using a virtual machine, using Virtual box, VMFusion, parallel etc. There is also the option of dual OS via bootcamp.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
ArrowJ

ArrowJ is on a distinguished road

You could also consider purchasing iLife which included iWeb. iWeb isn't a super powerful web page creator, but lets face it, Front Page is getting very long in the tooth. If money is not an object there are many very powerful web design products for Mac as well. Considering how badly Front Page rapes html you would be better off using iWeb or learning html. You can also create documents in OpenOffice and export them as web pages if you don't need anything too complex.

If you can't give up Front Page, I would recommend Sun's VirtualBox (free), and a copy of Windows XP.
Attached Images
File Type: png 261c5f98856ba30dd83c27b6dc8a82fe.png (113.8 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Woodensail

Woodensail is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27-inch (Core 2 Duo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowJ View Post

You could also consider purchasing iLife which included iWeb. iWeb isn't a super powerful web page creator, but lets face it, Front Page is getting very long in the tooth. If money is not an object there are many very powerful web design products for Mac as well. Considering how badly Front Page rapes html you would be better off using iWeb or learning html. You can also create documents in OpenOffice and export them as web pages if you don't need anything too complex.

If you can't give up Front Page, I would recommend Sun's VirtualBox (free), and a copy of Windows XP.
I do have Ilife, but didn't see Iweb in there. Could I have a limited version of Ilife?

EDIT: Okay, I have found Iweb, but it's very restricted, and also want's to use something called Mobile me, which is not at all something I need to sign up and pay for.
With Front Page, you can bring up your active site, click Front Page, and rearrange and publish with a couple clicks. Is there anything like that for Mac?
This is what my site looks like Woodensail.com which is very simple with no flashy gizmos or decoration.
QUOTE Thanks
didymus

didymus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

I'm surprised that no-one pointed you to:

The 10 Best Free Web Editors for Macintosh - Best Free Macintosh HTML Editors

Give them a go.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Configuring SSL on Mac OS Snow Leopard | Rapidweaver »