Is RapidWeaver a good alternative to FrontPage?
    I have just got my Mac. I have a number of websites and have always used Frontpage to make and edit pages. I know it gets a bad rap but for me it was simple and easy to use and did the trick. Now I have my Mac what can I use that will allow me to easily import my files and work on them. Dreamweaver is just too complex and time consuming. My sites are all fairly simple, mainly just text and graphics. Is Rapidweaver a good alternative then?

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    i looked at the Rapidweaver and decided that iWeb was easier so had a shot at doing a new one for the club - will be here for another couple of weeks but have a nosy at a first attempt.
    http://www.aughb.org.nz/

Specs:
    White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
    Hi there. I know you're new at this, and that's alright, but like I say to most people, WYSIWYG does not usually do a good job.

iWeb, Rapidweaver, and similar programs, tend to create extra codes, files, and directories that are not needed. You end up with a website that is a mess to take care of and it causes more trouble than it's worth. The only true way in my opinion to get a good looking website is to code it by hand.
    Chris K.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by iPod Nano View Post
    Hi there. I know you're new at this, and that's alright, but like I say to most people, WYSIWYG does not usually do a good job.

iWeb, Rapidweaver, and similar programs, tend to create extra codes, files, and directories that are not needed. You end up with a website that is a mess to take care of and it causes more trouble than it's worth. The only true way in my opinion to get a good looking website is to code it by hand.
    Yeah but that's not easy for some people. You actually have to sit down and learn coding plus know what it does and when to use it. That takes awhile to learn.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
    ^Agreed, but it's well worth it. I'm not going to lie and say I'm any kind of expert, but I can do some basics. The end result is a website that looks a lot better than ANYTHING Rapid Weaver or iWeb or Frontpage, etc. can produce. WYSIWYG editors lack the flexibility to do what YOU want and not what somebody has made with a template.
    Chris K.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    RapidWeaver is a solid product and a good alternative to FrontPage.

iPod Nano, if you like to hard code your pages, good for you - but the question was what Mac software is comparable to FrontPage.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.4
    Quote Originally Posted by thetravelbug View Post
    I have just got my Mac. I have a number of websites and have always used Frontpage to make and edit pages. I know it gets a bad rap but for me it was simple and easy to use and did the trick. Now I have my Mac what can I use that will allow me to easily import my files and work on them. Dreamweaver is just too complex and time consuming. My sites are all fairly simple, mainly just text and graphics. Is Rapidweaver a good alternative then?
    I was in the same boat. I tried Rapidweaver and uninstalled it in a matter of weeks. Turns out I had gotten spoiled with Frontpage's built-in FTP processing and I simply didn't want to fool with having to move files with a separate program.

I got Dreamweaver and have been using it since. I think it has a reputation of being horribly difficult to learn and use, but, if you're an FP user, I think it's primarily a case of figuring out what the task translation is.

Specs:
    iMac 27-inch (Core 2 Duo)
    Yep, I'm at that dilema right now. Front Page is so easy to use, I'm afraid to try something else that might be extremely time consuming. I change my site frequently as artwork is added and removed due to sale. So far, I have just been using my Windows machines to do the work for now, but I'd like to do the work on the Mac big screen.

Specs:
    | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
    Quote Originally Posted by iPod Nano View Post
    I can do some basics. The end result is a website that looks a lot better than ANYTHING Rapid Weaver or iWeb or Frontpage, etc. can produce.
    Post up your hand coded site that YOU did, I can guarantee my iWeb site will give it a run for its money.....no template, designed ENTIRELY by me.

Your bragging (and now mine, ironically) did the OP no good.

Thread Information