New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Synchronising Drupal website from Mac to Windows Server

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nigelivy

nigelivy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.

Hi,

I've just installed Drupal on my Windows 2008 Server, and have started to develop a website. I can figure out how to connect to my website and develop it from my Mac.

What is the best way to develop and test the website locally on my Mac, and then sync up to the live server?

Basically, I am looking for some web design software that I can develop and test a website locally on my Mac, and then synchronize the website with a live web server. It would be handy if this software is cross platform as some of my emplyees use Windows.
FYI my servers are all Windows based servers, but I can install a Linux web server if necessary.
I have tried Drupal, but am disappointed with it.

Anyway advice on this software - both open source and paid, but be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

Nigel
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

DreamWeaver is cross platform except cost a pretty penny. RapidWeaver for Mac, because it's pretty and easy to use.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
nigelivy

nigelivy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.

Sorry, I didn't clarify - I am hosting the website on my server. I want to be able to work on the website on my Mac. Would I be able to work on the MySQL database (which is stored on the server) from my Mac as long as I have an internet connection?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Merged similar threads

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Drupal or Joomla?? | buying a flash web design, what do I need to ad my info and photos »