New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

How to register your website with Google?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nigelivy

nigelivy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.

Hi,

I am trying to register my website with Google, so that it comes up in searches easily. Can anyone advise me as to the best way to go about doing this? I have entered my site here: Add your URL to Google
Also, any advice on registering my site with other search engines would be appreciated!
Thanks for any input,

Nigel
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Google will automatically crawl for your website in time..the other search engines have similar URL submission places, but the spiders will find them in time. You will be visible to a targeted search in a couple of weeks.

To get a higher page rating, you need to improve the number of external links pointing to your website..also having valid META info your website will also better characterize your website to Google and others and make you appear in searches..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
wheelguy

wheelguy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Search for "search engine optimization" or "SEO"

If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. -Vince Lombardi
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Search for "search engine optimization" or "SEO"
You read my mind!

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
Rafter

Rafter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini, MacBook Pro 13"

a must do is to register with DMOZ in the right category
ODP - Open Directory Project
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyjagger

jimmyjagger is on a distinguished road

If your using Iweb use Top Search Engine Rankings for Your iWeb Website | iWeb SEO Tool for Mac OS X
I used it and im top of google for the content and search that I had in mind.
It helps to have the right name for your site, the right description mata tags and people with the same content linking back to you.
Also register with Google Webmaster Tools Open a free account and tell google to go out and look at your site it will give you a code put it in html and place in Iweb next to index, then click verify site, the bot will be sent and will returned with your site verified.

angus cooney
QUOTE Thanks
dwright

dwright is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Various Mac Minis, Mac Mini Servers

Another good idea is to build a sitemap.xml. This will help the search engines better understand your sites structure.

There are online tools for building a sitemap.xml automatically. You can then link your google webmaster account to your sitemap.xml. This will really help get the bots hitting your site, but you'll still need quality content to rank really well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setting up home web server using OS X Server 10.6 | Local Host only showing source code... »