New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Website Feedback :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

damainman

damainman is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Got version 1 of my website up, just so it is running atleast. Looking for feedback on making it better and improving it.

I know there is alot that needs to be done to make it look more professional and corporate but not sure where to start lol.

The website is: http://www.AdvanTechIT.com

Any and all advice and critiques are welcome .

Thank you in advance .
QUOTE Thanks
Unibody

Unibody will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody (Jan 09)

1) Why do you have Windows on Apple hardware?

2) What the **** is that "Microsoft Security" logo?

Other then that, not bad
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

It looks pretty professional to me! Wish I could get my website to look that good!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Is that stroke on type??? >_>" Cardinal sin. My eyes are bleeding.

There isn't any reason why there should be a stroke on that white type.
QUOTE Thanks
DanFlan

DanFlan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.

Great Layout, looks very professional.

"60% of the time it works, every time."
- Brian Fantana
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unibody View Post

Other then that, not bad
That security badge is official. You can find the logo in the Microsoft security center in XP, vista, and Windows 7.

QUOTE Thanks
damainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unibody View Post

Other then that, not bad
1. Well we use macs here at the office, but we are able to remote into both mac and windows computers from our computers. Thus the image on the right is from a windows computer, and we are viewing the screen from our mac computer which is on the left . Also all of our Macs have windows installed on it as well, so we can switch back and fourth via bootcamp or VMware.

2. As for the microsoft security logo, we are Microsoft certified and deal mainly with business clients to help secure their networks, computers, and servers. We assist with setting up domains, firewalls, user profiles, and policies within the Server to make sure their network and computers are running securely using both microsoft and 3rd party applications.

But yea, that badge came directly from Microsoft .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Is that stroke on type??? >_>" Cardinal sin. My eyes are bleeding.

There isn't any reason why there should be a stroke on that white type.
Can you explain what you are referring to? I'm not sure what your talking about lol. What type? Thanks .

Also want to thank everyone to took the time to reply and those who will soon take the time to reply . It's very appreciated as I'm figuring out what to do with phase 2 of the website
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW...did you use some sort of Website development software...or did you do it from "scratch"?

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
damainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
BTW...did you use some sort of Website development software...or did you do it from "scratch"?

Thanks,

- Nick
The website uses Joomla! content management system for the backend.

But i used Adobe photoshop for the graphics, and Adobe Dreamweaver for making sure the content in the pages looked good.

Joomla has a text editor built in though which can be enhanced from an extension which is what i did, but it also allows you to use html as well. I preferred doing it in Dreamweaver though because i like looking at the design screen while i code.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Very nice!...thanks for the info!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Other than agreeing that Windows OS on mac hardware looks cheesy, the site looks pretty nice!

QUOTE Thanks
Unibody

Unibody will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody (Jan 09)

I know that badge is real, but "Microsoft Security" isn't a brand name
QUOTE Thanks
damainman

Thanks for all the replies guys. Going to be working on revising it this week. Have a great one.
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Don't know if it's too late to add something...

To me the layout looks a little messy. I like how there's 3 rectangles near the top, but underneath that nothing relates to it. It would look a whole lot nicer if the "Chat with Us" and "Services" column was the same width as "How it works". That way you'd be working with a 3 column grid.

I recognise that that would make the column look unusually wide, but that's where a little inventive designing needs to come in.

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.5 & iPad - iOS 5.1

I took a step back and looked at it from a different angle:
- What is this web-site trying to tell me, what is the message
- What is the audience you designed this for ( it's not for yourself ... right )
- What are the objectives .... what are you trying to achieve.
- Is all I need to know within 2 mouse clicks

All of those points are clear I would say well done !
It shows that you put some thinking behind this.

Good Job & success.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Flash in IWEB | Fireworks CSS exporting question.... »