New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

IE browser compatibility

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

design2

can you guys help me out.

im in production with this site and thought it was all sweet..just waiting on content and some touch ups but i checked the site to see if it was multiple browser compatible and it messes up in IE in both mac and pc. It works fine in safari and mozilla (pc & mac)
is there anything i can do or change?

the url is http://www.ebesign.co.nz/projects/axis/index.html
the css file is at http://www.ebesign.co.nz/projects/axis/main.css

basically the content box is not fully in view and also i have another css query.
in the products page where the content is more than the div..i have a scroll:auto; going on and when i pad or margin bottom it just messes up the divs.

any ideas? thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Yah, validate your html at w3c.org
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I am shocked that it messes up in IE. Usually it's the other way around with sites. IE is fine and everything else is wrong.

I checked it in Opera and it looks just like in IE with that picture cut in half. I will look over the code later and see if I can spot anything.
QUOTE Thanks
design2

thanks guys.

i am going to see if its vaLIDADED now.
will tell u how it went
QUOTE Thanks
design2

it validates for css, the only concern was that in my font-family i only have one font.
page not valid html cos i use a height value in the table..i dont see why not though...

nothing relates to the divs and padding though..
cos when i was creating i was previewing to make sure it all looked ok in f.fox.
QUOTE Thanks
j-worker

I'm experiencing a similar situation whilst programming a website with PHP and mySQL. This website works 150% using the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Netscape on my Windows machine, and works even better on my Mac using Safari, Firefox and Netscape. Even Mozilla on Linux works fine. Only the IE on my Mac couldn't interpret the layout properly.

If your web site works perfectly in the top four browsers on windows, and on the native apple browsers like Safari, then you're good! I wouldn't worry too much about it not working with IE.

:yinyang:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Space On My Server | XML to XSL Converter Needed »