New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

How To Remove An Old iWeb Site?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BikerJim

BikerJim is on a distinguished road

I have a 2 year old website built on an old version (?.?.?) of iWeb. It is not a very well developed page, so, I'm going to build a new page using iWeb v.3.0.3. How do I get rid of the old website? By trashing the old site, username->Library->Application Support->iWeb->Domain? I'm assuming that would be the thing to do! Am I right? Or will that just be making my life more difficult, is there a better/more proper way of doing this?

An Anticipated Thank You For Any Help

Mac Pro 2.93GHz Quad - 8GB RAM - 4TB's HD, 17" G4 PowerBook Alum.
Power Mac G4 Quicksilver, PowerBook G4 Ti, iBook Clam
QUOTE Thanks
OnlyTimeWillTel

OnlyTimeWillTel can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: see sig...

That sounds about right. That's where you go to backup your domain, so presumably removing that will wipe out the old one.

eMac 1.5ghz, 256mb ram, 40gb hdd, Sony cd burner
2g iPod Shuffle 1gb, 2g iPod Touch 16gb

<Rep is overrated>
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

You find your "Public Folder" and delete its contents. Then close your account or keep that domain name and upload your new site to the Public Folder.
QUOTE Thanks
BikerJim

BikerJim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac SK View Post
You find your "Public Folder" and delete its contents. Then close your account or keep that domain name and upload your new site to the Public Folder.
Mac SK, I've looked for my "Public Folder", where the heck is it?
Thanks, Jim

Mac Pro 2.93GHz Quad - 8GB RAM - 4TB's HD, 17" G4 PowerBook Alum.
Power Mac G4 Quicksilver, PowerBook G4 Ti, iBook Clam
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

After you log into your host its going to be in like "site management" or something like that. Every host has a different set up. It may be where you
do FTP. The web site is in a folder called the public file. You should be able to open the file and see folders that hold all the HTML and Graphics for your site. Email the host and ask how you access it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem uploading pictures on iWeb | I have no idea how to use my hosting thing. »