New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

need some html help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

so i decided to start redesigning the old website we have that is suposed to be done by someone else but im not going to get into that...

i have changed everything from regular frames into iframes but i am confused as to how to get

link to what im doing

1) info to automatically load in the main iframe
2) you will notice that the link to the 'minutes' works, but the info doesnt load propperly...it is really weird having scrolling with in the page and also all the other frames open with scroll bars all over the place now. i was thinking that i could just opt out of all this misery and have it open in its own window!

3) am i using iframes totally wrong in this situation!?

note: i have always had a basic running knowlege of HTML but never really proficient at it. i "learned" how to use iframes in about an hour this afternoon with some online information so i dont even know if im using them correctly

thanks for the help
-chris
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Don't make the links open in a new window, that's a bad idea since users just tend to get frustrated. I also suggest you do away with frames completely. You won't find many sites that use them these days and for good reason. Just have a standard navigation scheme you can copy and paste into each document.

Use tables if you must, although they're out of fashion for layout and CSS is replacing them as 'the' way to do page design.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Designs for clients that aren't being used... | Need a simple FTP »