New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

another iweb question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rdsii64

rdsii64 is on a distinguished road

Since I have had my new mac I have spent the majority of the time playing with iweb. now that I have a site built and published how do I get it seen.
If it makes any difference I published to my mobile me account.

thanks in advance

In case you are wondering how bad my first attempt is, here is the link.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/Shooter64
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I checked it out a little. Your "About Me" needs some proof reading. Nothing serious.

I would guess by the enthusiasm on the pages that you hang in like forums elsewhere. So one thing you might do to get noticed is post a link in a signature. The text you can add at the bottom of your posts.

When you have an interesting blog entry or page that applies directly to someone's question or a discussion, post a response with a link to that blog or page entry.

Many sites fill in the Keywords and Description meta tags at the top of HTML pages. These become part of the indexing in search engines. This is a big hassle when using iWeb because it doesn't allow for it. You could manually do it but you'd have to do that every time you updated the page.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
rdsii64

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
I checked it out a little. Your "About Me" needs some proof reading. Nothing serious.

I would guess by the enthusiasm on the pages that you hang in like forums elsewhere. So one thing you might do to get noticed is post a link in a signature. The text you can add at the bottom of your posts.

When you have an interesting blog entry or page that applies directly to someone's question or a discussion, post a response with a link to that blog or page entry.

Many sites fill in the Keywords and Description meta tags at the top of HTML pages. These become part of the indexing in search engines. This is a big hassle when using iWeb because it doesn't allow for it. You could manually do it but you'd have to do that every time you updated the page.
Thanks for the helpful tips
QUOTE Thanks
rdsii64

Being a new mac user I am just tickled about how easy iweb is. I do however have one question. When I got my site up and published it works like it supposed to. the catch is that there is a log of unused space on both the left and right sides. How do I make use of this space?

Thanks.
Here is my page:Shooter64
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Another Iweb problem :( | Adding visitor access to iWeb site »