New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Creating Simple Web Page

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

embankment

embankment is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a program/ application to create a simple web page to advertise my business. My system is OS X 10.4 Tiger. It seems that Tiger is no longer supported by programs such as iLife. Can someone point me to a solution? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Well if your new to creating web pages, a lot of hosting companies have pre-made templates to help you start out your business that require no coding skills at all. There is also iWeb for the Mac, but I don't think that's a good application for a business. If Dreamweaver is too expensive and complex for you, you can try out Rapidweaver, I hear it's a pretty good alternative.
QUOTE Thanks
embankment

embankment is on a distinguished road

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
appleme

appleme is an unknown at this point

i would sugest trying to learn html or use a program similar to dreamweaver which is free search for nvu completely free no coding skills required
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleme View Post
i would sugest trying to learn html or use a program similar to dreamweaver which is free search for nvu completely free no coding skills required
Thanks for the link...I'm always interested in free stuff.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleme View Post
I agree. While using WYSIWYG is simple and requires no coding at all, there is NO good alternative to good-old HTML codes. Any WYSIWYG editor will put all kinds of unneeded junk in your web pages, and potentially make it take up MUCH more space than actually needed. Until someone invents the WYSIWYG editor that writes HTML in the same way as a person, I'll stay away from them

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Go to a host like 1&1. they have simple page templates or you can customize
your page. If you can type and import graphics you can build your page.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I have two problems in iWeb | newbie needs iweb help »