New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb, need help publishing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skitrax

skitrax is on a distinguished road

I have created an iWeb site and now I need a place to publish. I have tried godaddy.com but i could never get my site to publish.

If you have suggestions for a good domain that work with the FTP settings on iWeb..please help.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Are you sure you are using the right password? What problems were you having with the uploading? I only ask because I use godaddy and the FTP works fine for me.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
stevegate

stevegate is on a distinguished road

The domain that I am using and the only I have for my website is from one.com, I don't know what about others company offer but so far, I can see that I don't have problem at all when using ftp to my website.

Furthermore, they have support 24/7. So, you can shoot any questions anytime you want. Good luck with using iWeb and I have a tip for new bie using iWeb

When you create a website by iWeb, you should always backup your website by come here: Macintosh HD:User:Library:Application Support:iWeb

Inside iWeb, there is a file name Domain, this is the one contains your website, if you have time machine then I will not mention about that. If you don't, you should always backup this file if you want to continue building your website later incase your mac is crashed.

Here is my experience because I was screwed up when I tried to clean install my MBP. I thought it was ok when I tried to publish my website to local folder, because the whole website would be here and I thought I can put it back to iWeb but I was wrong.

So, I also have another problem with php, apache and I would like to shoot here too. If anyone got the same problem, you might find this way. By default, php and apache is not enabled in Mac OS X 10.5. So you should enable it first to use it. Here is the link that save me after 2 days I was like really mad why my test.php not working on my web sharing

Enabling PHP in Mac OS X 10.5

So, if you want to learn php by yourself, and got same problem . You can try to follow that link to solve the problem. I think there are lots of way to fix it but this guide is clearly to read for non-speaker english like me.

Good luck all

SG
QUOTE Thanks
skitrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Are you sure you are using the right password? What problems were you having with the uploading? I only ask because I use godaddy and the FTP works fine for me.
yes, i was using the right password. i just could never figure out all the different setting with iweb and godaddy.com. if you could explain what you did that would be much appreciated!!
QUOTE Thanks
skitrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegate View Post
The domain that I am using and the only I have for my website is from one.com, I don't know what about others company offer but so far, I can see that I don't have problem at all when using ftp to my website.

Furthermore, they have support 24/7. So, you can shoot any questions anytime you want. Good luck with using iWeb and I have a tip for new bie using iWeb

When you create a website by iWeb, you should always backup your website by come here: Macintosh HD:User:Library:Application Support:iWeb

Inside iWeb, there is a file name Domain, this is the one contains your website, if you have time machine then I will not mention about that. If you don't, you should always backup this file if you want to continue building your website later incase your mac is crashed.

Here is my experience because I was screwed up when I tried to clean install my MBP. I thought it was ok when I tried to publish my website to local folder, because the whole website would be here and I thought I can put it back to iWeb but I was wrong.

So, I also have another problem with php, apache and I would like to shoot here too. If anyone got the same problem, you might find this way. By default, php and apache is not enabled in Mac OS X 10.5. So you should enable it first to use it. Here is the link that save me after 2 days I was like really mad why my test.php not working on my web sharing

Enabling PHP in Mac OS X 10.5

So, if you want to learn php by yourself, and got same problem . You can try to follow that link to solve the problem. I think there are lots of way to fix it but this guide is clearly to read for non-speaker english like me.

Good luck all

SG
wow, thank you for the advice. just wondering...was there any extra settings or values u had to change in order for your iweb project to be uploaded to your website? i am new to the whole website thing so i am not sure how to do this. thanks a ton!!
QUOTE Thanks
stevegate

stevegate is on a distinguished road

Hi Skitrax,

There is no extra setting at all when you restore the Domain file to the path
Macintosh HD:User:Library:Application Support:iWeb . So, just make sure you back up the file then restore it back when ever you want.

I think iWeb is very simple to use but the its design is not that bad, the point is you are not bothered by the inside code. I think after a while when you get familiar with web, you can try to learn Dreamweaver. This is one of the great tool for web design and you can play with code too.

Good luck.

SG

ps. after you restore the Domain file, you just run iWeb and it loads exactly the project that you did.
QUOTE Thanks
rdsii64

rdsii64 is on a distinguished road

Try the folks at mac highway
QUOTE Thanks
appleme

appleme is an unknown at this point

hi it seems that iweb 09 has an ftp problem sorry
if the host/server is using windows xp it will not work use a host/server which uses mac or unix

hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb - About Me pages as subpages | iWeb page not showing up »