New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

imovie in iweb loading time

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RPM

RPM is on a distinguished road

iweb site has imovie and it is slow to load...15 seconds. It also stutters as it downloads. Am i putting too much in these imovies. Would deleting sound help. Would deleting some more photos help.

Thanks

www.peaceshout.com click on the bud stop page/bridal bouquets and table and altar pieces.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Hard to help much since your post is missing details. For instance, size of the video, length of the video, codec used, bit rate used, did you use 'Prepare for Internet Streaming'. Except for that last one, everything else can be found via the info panel in QuickTime player.

How did you create the video? Tool and option used.

My iMovie Export Guide may be helpful to you.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
iweb site has imovie and it is slow to load...15 seconds. It also stutters as it downloads. Am i putting too much in these imovies. Would deleting sound help. Would deleting some more photos help.

Thanks

www.peaceshout.com click on the bud stop page/bridal bouquets and table and altar pieces.
As I mentioned, my guide maybe helpful to bring down the file size. You might try that because people with slower 'high speed' connections will likely have less problems. This will not fix it for dial-up customers because their connections are just too slow to handle that much data.

I figured out your file details. One thing I noticed was the size being presented in you web page is smaller than the actual size of the .M4V files. One thing to try is to reduce the size of the .M4V file to match what iWeb is displaying for you.

The biggest factor to file size is the data rate. Your files are at over 1500 kbits, so you might try bringing that down to like 1000. Just don't let the quality suffer much.

To cut the file in half and keep quality, I would reduce the image size and cut the video data rate to nearly half. Think of it this way. For the download bandwidth a viewer has, they will be receiving twice as much information in the same amount of time and less likely to see stops and starts.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Website only Partially Published Using iWeb and FTP settings | affiliate marketing on the internet »