New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Setting up Apache

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

T800

T800 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question....

I'm wanting to run a Jukebox for my media player that uses a webserver.
I'm using a Mac PowerBook G4 PPC 10.5.6 Laptop.

I have have been told I need to make a my web server compatible with sqlite databases.

I need an apache webserver with mod_php and mod_sqlite installed.
The apache will host the php frontend which I can access via the media players browser.

I know that mac's have apache already on them but that is all I know really. I'm not that knowledgeable with computers and I've found that I'm totally stuck with this.

I would be really grateful if someone could spell it out for me or point me in the right direction.

Apologies if this in the wrong part of the forum.
QUOTE Thanks
T800

T800 is on a distinguished road

Would this give me what I need?

apache friends - xampp for macos x
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

That looks like a good option for what you are describing. I haven't used it so can't speak to how easy or good it is.

Do some extra research on both ends before doing this. Fully read the install notes for instance. Also, as you should do before such a large install, back up important documents.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Also, make sure to read this before you install. XAMPP is good for some things but you might want to reconsider if those security issues are of concern to you.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
stevegate

stevegate is on a distinguished road

Problem with php, apache. By default, php and apache are not enabled in Mac OS X 10.5. So you should enable it first to use it.

Enabling PHP in Mac OS X 10.5

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Self-activating slideshow on website? | iweb alternative for more complex site? »