New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Need Help With Setting Up My New Site

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xjxaxcxkx13

xjxaxcxkx13 is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone. I make music using a computer program called Fruity Loops(it's Windows only so I have it on my dad's computer), but anyway, I wanted to set up a website to maybe sell some of it. I'll post a link to the site I have hosted for free at freewebs.com, but I wanted to know...first off, what would be the best webhosting deal? I plan to pay yearly. And also, I wanted to know if there are any coders out there who would help me for free for a month or 2. All I'd need is some basic CSS shell, just an idea. I don't really know enough to start from scratch, but I know enough to edit it for myself. So I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

My site I'm hosting on now

P.S.-That site above is hosted for free, but I'm looking for djtrackstyle.com. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

GoDaddy.com is pretty good hosting, and you can get your domain for $2 a year!

As far as HTML, I know some basics, but I'm no professional designer.

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Check out OSWD (google it) for open source templates. They have some pretty good ones on there and you shouldn't have any problem with them if you say you already know enough to edit it yourself.

Hosting really depends on you. There is this thread just posted not too long ago asking for web hosting suggestions. Take a look at that. Mac-Forums also offers discounts with DreamHost. You can look at this thread for the discount codes. They also offer a free trial whatever that means haha.

If your looking for djtrackstyle.com you will have to register it with a domain registrar. DreamHost offers a free domain with hosting so you can get that .com that way.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
gilez

gilez is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13", 2.26 GHz, 2GB, 160GB. iPod touch 2nd gen, 8GB, 27" Core i7, 8GB, 1TB iMac

Professional designer and developer I am. I may be able to help to a certain degree. PM me with your ideas and I'll take a look. (all free of course).

I do web design, so can help with that.
Don't Ask Me about iWeb, Dreamweaver, Flash or any WYSIWYG.
Ask me about xHTML, HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, PHP, MySQL, (basic) jQuery, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Take a look at Electrickitten.com Plans start at $60 a year.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« colors alter when importing photoshop file to Flash CS4 | What do you think of this site? »