New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Website only Partially Published Using iWeb and FTP settings

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TangaEric

TangaEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Power PC G4 1.5 Ghz

Hello to all,

I created a website on iWeb to be published to my domain name hosted by Yahoo Small Business. The website is 16 pages with several small photos (less than 100 kb each). I have the FTP settings from Yahoo. I test the connection through iWeb and it shows the connection and settings are fine.

However, when I publish through iWeb (click on 'publish entire site' or 'publish site changes'), the site is only partially published. What happens is that the time wheel on iWeb turns to about 75% and then stops publishing, resulting in an error message 'there was a problem communicating with the FTP server. Please try again later or contact your service provider,' and a partially published website.

I tried to investigate the problem on the Yahoo site help as well as talking to Yahoo, but so far have not been able to solve the matter. I even tried to change host names (there are two hosts provided by Yahoo), but that did not work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks is advance........
QUOTE Thanks
LittleFish

LittleFish is on a distinguished road

Try publishing to a folder on your desktop, then use an FTP program like CyberDuck (Free online) to put it up. For some reason, other sites don't like to go direct from iWeb, even with the FTP.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick HTML Question | imovie in iweb loading time »