New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Iweb problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

b4ssy

b4ssy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

I'm sure there is a realy simple solution to my little problem but I can't fathom it on my own.

I have published various photos and video to my iweb site. I had a hard disk corruption which required installation of a new hard disk. Since the new disk has been installed whenever I click on the iweb icon, it attempts to set up a new page and I can't retrieve my formally published data.

Any help would e greatly appreciated.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

iWeb won't sync to retrieve data from your iDisk, if it isn't present on your local drive as far as I know.

You could manually retrieve the published webpages from your site, but that still won't allow you to edit them with iWeb. Your best bet is to restore everything from your Time Machine backup, if you have one.

If you don't, now would be a good time to start backing up.
QUOTE Thanks
Unibody

Unibody will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody (Jan 09)

iWeb can't work from it's published files, it needs its source file located somewhere in ~/Library.

I've long moved on from iWeb, but when I did use it a few years back, I liked to keep the Domain file on a WebDAV server so others could edit the site as well.

Either that, or use Time Machine
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unibody View Post
Either that, or use Time Machine
Or just don't use iWeb at all. Other than looking nice, it's one of the worst WYSIWYG site construction programs in terms of accessing the horrendous code it outputs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« From Dreamweaver To iWeb | New Portfolio Site, Looking for Constructive Critisism »