New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

help with web designing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

inonothing

inonothing is on a distinguished road

does anyone know how to create something similar to the four buttons at the bottom of SONY's homepage with adobe flash?

here is the link:
Sony USA

and if you can teach me how to make one of those stuff, how to put it on iWeb?

oh, i dont really need it to pop up and stuff

i just want to have it like a button and i can link to one of my other pages
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Umm...it just looks like a regular button to me that has a rollover color and scaling on it.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
inonothing

do u know how to make that...
cuz i know nothing other than basic tools in iweb

anyways, thx for ur reply...it makes it sound easier to me now
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

Why don't you start with the CSS tutorial.
QUOTE Thanks
inonothing

is there a possibility where u can summarize that to a instruction kinda thing to making the See+, Hear+, Play+, Shop+ on Sony's page

I mean it doesn't have to pop up into these cool things, i just want to move my cursor over it and goes bigger than click on it to this other page...

man why is this so hard?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I'm not so sure if you can do that in iWeb alone. Usually when you have custom buttons you need a program that can manipulate pixels.

The example on that website was most likely made with Photoshop/Illustrator and then imported into Flash.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
inonothing

i have the adobe package...somehow
and
i understand the part with photoshop/illustrator...
but how to make the thing in flash...so that it will react when mouse rollsover
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

That part kind of has a lot of steps. First you need to have your button graphic imported in to Flash preferably to the library. Then you drag it to the stage from the library.

From here press F8, I don't remember what drop down menu stuff are. >_<" In the dialogue box choose convert to button.

Double click on your button and then you should be inside of the button. Your timeline will change to "Up,Over,Down, and Hit.

This is where you edit your button according to what you want it to do.

Like for example on the Over you can change the color of the button and make it bigger by scaling it up. You can pretty much do whatever you want here.

After that you can just test it out. Sorry I can't be of more help. You might want to take some classes in Flash if you are interested in this kind of stuff.

That or self teach. There are a lot of people that do tutorials on youtube and other venues. Remember google is your friend.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
inonothing

thanks man
that's exactly what i need
QUOTE Thanks
inonothing

for the over section,
i made my button enlarge
but does anyone know how to make
that button enlarge slower

so that it looks pro-er
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

You need something like SoThink swf easy. In the flash grid you can change the speed of a moving graphic, overlap graphics and add special effects. And you need to know no code its all graphic interface.
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Tip: Don't use iWeb. It's not good software. It creates massive websites when you publish them: The HTML pages, a folder for each page; which contains 3 style sheets! I am looking for a replacement currently...

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

Another tip: Don't use Flash where you don't need to. Like in a navigation menu.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blog web sites | How do I embed itunes music into my webpage? »