New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Getting Flash Video into iWeb?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mitcherooney

Mitcherooney will become famous soon enough

Hello.

I'm trying to find a way of putting a Flash clip into iWeb (ver. 1.1.2).

Is there a way to do this?

I'm trying to get over the problem where QT doesn't show up on many Windows owners machines and it was suggested to me that Flash should work.

To try it out, I've converted a WMV file to Flash (with VisualHub) and I now have a .swf file which iWeb seems to have some difficulty with.

Can someone please give me some guidance here.

Thanks Mitcherooney
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I suspect you may need to use the HTML Snippet option to plug in the HTML needed to set that up. I'm sure you could find a sample of the code via Google. I haven't done this with iWeb, but done it on a hand coded pages such as this at the top of the page.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

If it is a video, use the option to output it as flv in VisualHub. With that, I asume that there should be no problems with iWeb.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Well, it seems you have figured out the way to make flash videos, now getting them in to iWeb

I would place a regular quicktime file in the place you want the flash video in, use the mov file you created earlier. This will place a video on the page in the place you want.

Next, you will have to open up the page in a text editor (text edit or Text Wrangler) and find the code that deals with the quicktime movie, it should look something like this

Quote:
<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="320"
HEIGHT="256" CODEBASE="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
<PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="sample.mov">
<PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="true">
<PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="true">
<EMBED SRC="sample.mov" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="256" AUTOPLAY="true"
CONTROLLER="true"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>
SWap that with code that inserts an FLV file

Quote:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flv-player.net/medias/player_flv_mini.swf" width="320" height="240">
<param name="movie" value="http://flv-player.net/medias/player_flv_mini.swf" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="flv=http%3A//flv-player.net/medias/KyodaiNoGilga.flv" />
</object>
Bold is the path to your flv file, see if that works

Also note: enter the size of your file in the code as well, it should be the same as the quiktime movie size, if you created an FLV file from that Quicktime movie

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« amazing windows hosting | Is There a 'Universal' file type for movies? »