New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Secure log in in iWeb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ph0en1x

ph0en1x is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am trying to set up a site so on one of my pages it asks for a user name and password. Depending on what user name and password they put in it will send them to a certain page. I do photography and if I do photos for someone I want to be able to have them as a private login so they can view and pick what ones they wat. Hope this makes sense to people and your help would make life very easy. Thanks in advance.

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You won't be able to do that in iWeb. iWeb is a very simplistic web design tool to get sites up and running quickly. There is not database support or even hand coding available. You will have to look into a web scripting language like PHP or Ruby on Rails to get this done and you will therefore likely have to do some coding by hand.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
ph0en1x

ph0en1x is on a distinguished road

Well i guess another option would be to create a mobile me gallery that is password protected and apply that gallery to the website????
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I don't use Mobile Me but if works, give it a shot. Beware of the storage and bandwidth limitations though.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
appleme

appleme is an unknown at this point

I would sugest JavaScript There are a few javascripts that enable u to login as a user the JavaScript then redirects you as this is not server side it is not very secure so you cannot trust it completely anyone with enough knowledge can get in also you cannot use it through iWeb hope this helps send me a messege if u need more detail
QUOTE Thanks
pdupuy

pdupuy is on a distinguished road

Wanting to have site visitors login, to be able to see certain pages, using iWeb - anyone know of any work arounds yet? Thanks in advance! p
QUOTE Thanks
Spikkels

Spikkels is on a distinguished road

I have the a similar requirement. Using iWeb to publish to a non Mac hosting server. They have the option to create protected directories, but as soon as I move my html file to the protective directory I loose my images as well as my navigation bar/menu.

I was able to get my images back by removing the leading directory path for each image in the html source code. I'm stuck on getting my navigation bar back. Any help would really be appreciated!!
QUOTE Thanks
iWebdezine

iWebdezine is on a distinguished road

There is websites floating around that will let you do this. You would have to join & pay a monthly fee to use their service.

There was a website I was going to make to where I needed a login page & me not being a tech/coding whiz, thats how I ran across those sites. Just do a google search for secure login pages & so on (Cant remember what words I used to search in google)

Hope this helps some...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« redesign my site | .htaccess headaches »