New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb and FTP -- Cannot make connection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bramsuer

bramsuer is on a distinguished road

I am new to the mac world and web design. I previously had been working on a website with joomla on my old pc, but never completely finished it. I have redone my website in iWeb, which is very simple and intuitive, but now I cannot publish it using FTP. I do not want to go the MobileMe route since I already have a domain and hosting service. Basically after I enter all of the server credentials and try a test connection, it says "Testing failed, a connection to 74.54.34.78 could not be established" That is the correct server. Another thing is, from a PC, I can log into the cpanel of my website, but I cannot from safari. I have also downloaded cyberduck, but I was unable to make a connection there as well. Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bramsuer

update on this...i'm over trying to publish through iWeb, but I want to use an FTP server like Cyberduck or FileZilla to publish the folder. I've tried to connect with both of these programs, and neither will let me connect to the server. I was, however, able to connect via FTP with a PC though in the same house. I could simply transfer the folder to the PC everytime, but that defeats the purpose in my opinion. Is there a setting or something preventing me from connecting to an FTP server on my mac?
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

Do you have the proper port settings? FTP uses port 21, SFTP uses port 22.
QUOTE Thanks
bramsuer

yes, i used port 21...also i tried to access my work website through their server credentials and couldn't do that either.
QUOTE Thanks
appleme

appleme is an unknown at this point

Hi there is a glitch in iWeb all windows hosts do not work try getting a mac or Linux host whereas cyberduck not connecting to the server is not a common problem so I'm blank
QUOTE Thanks
sonyic2003

sonyic2003 is on a distinguished road

mmm i hope you find a solution
QUOTE Thanks
333mhz

333mhz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Intel MacBook White, iMac G3 Strawberry, iBook Clamshell Indigo.

I suggest you check your setup again. Make sure you didn't mis-spell the host or user name. If it doesn't work try using this.
If that still doesn't work look for a new host.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Easy iWeb publisher | photo sizes »