New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Whats A good Website Hosting website

Thread Closed

MacKid6693

MacKid6693 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Saving up for a Macbook

Whats A good Website Hosting website. I need it to be somewhat cheap.
Carla

Carla has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MB-white uni 2.26GHz, 4GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0 C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD; iPod Touch 32GB; 16GB Wi-Fi iPad

WebHostingTalk is a popular resource to read about user reviews/experiences with various hosts.

I personally use Surpass Hosting, with no complaints. They have very affordable basic plans, to expensive plans with alot more features than the basic plans. They also have a great user community, called Surmunity.

And you can check out this thread, that provides details on discounts you can take advantage of as a Mac-Forums member.

Good luck on your search.
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Iv'e been using HostGator for the last six months and so far have no complaints.

Write down your needs so you can match them to the packages available. Look for reviews and keep in mind you'll find negative responses to almost all sites. The 'trick' is to recognize habitual problems from one-offs.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

I went with NearlyFreeSpeech recently and have been very happy with them so far.
Scott_A

Scott_A is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla;817560I personally use [URL="http://surpasshosting.com"
Surpass Hosting[/URL], with no complaints. They have very affordable basic plans, to expensive plans with alot more features than the basic plans. They also have a great user community, called Surmunity.
Good luck on your search.
I can vouch for surpasshosting myself. I've been with them for about 7 years with very few problems. When I do have a problem, their support staff is very prompt, knowledgeable, and helpful.

I manage 6 sites with them.

Their cPanel interface is clean and easy to understand.. and, unlike at least one other ungodly-popular webhost, you're not constantly inundated by upgrade offers and pricing add-ons.
slasher765

slasher765 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKid6693 View Post
Whats A good Website Hosting website. I need it to be somewhat cheap.
Many people i know use and highly praise Dreamhost.com because of

- Customer Support
- Reliablity
- Prices

I personally use it myself, and have been happy for about 2 years now!

You should definitely check it out
BaileyS

BaileyS is on a distinguished road

I use xservices for hosting because of there price.

Customer service is great
up all the time. only down once when they had a hurricane and it shut down for about 3 hours. They gave me $1 back for that month

website is www.xservices.info
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
1and1 is a company I often hear mentioned as being cheap but good. No personal experience with them myself.
I use these guys , as well as 123-reg, and can vouch for them. Haven't had a single problem with them over the past 3 years.

Thread Closed

« pop3 email | iWeb upload button? »