New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Setting up PHP and PHP Nuke

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EvoMac

Hey I just got my first mac and trying to learn as much as I can about it. Right now my current project is getting my a webserver up that is PHP enabled. I have installed PHP v5.x.x (dont remember) and have PHP nuke folder copied to my sites folder. However when I try to access any of the php pages I get "forbidden". I'm assuming that it is something with apache that I need to configure in order to get this to work properly.

Can someone give me some advice with this or perhaps a good link that shows enabling php on mac OS X. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
vtupser

I would suggest dl the latest php model from this website: http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ It installs it onto your computer for your computer to recognize php and be able to use it through the Apache web server. I have used it for a while now and all you need to do is save all your php files into your sites folder of your mac.
QUOTE Thanks
EvoMac

I installed that as well as started the MYSQL server. When trying to access any site on my webserver PHP nuke displays a message that says

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

However I can run PHPmyAdmin and it loads perfectly fine.

Does anyone have a copy of a config.php file that they can post here... blank out the pw's but I can't figure out how to get it to pick up so that I can access admin.php to start setting it up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't get mail client to work with hosting company serer | Need Site Idea »