New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb '09 and Dotster

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tjbackstage

tjbackstage is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)

I installed iLife '09 on my aluminum MacBook about a month ago and was messing around with it today when I began to thing about something. I completely forgot that I have a website set up with Dotster. I set it up in December of 2004 and updated it online on my old PC for a while. Then out of the blue last September or October, the website stopped working. After trying to contact Dotster many times, I found that they had stopped using Trelix and went to a new service. Dotster began hosting my site again in November (the month I bought my MacBook). I was glad this had happened until I began to completely hate the new host (which I'm forgetting the name of). I remember that I could only go into this new host using Firefox and not Safari, and the host was very user-unfriendly and I didn't like it. I tried building a site using iWeb '08, but direct uploading didn't work. So I tried saving each page as a ".html" file and uploading it to the host. This didn't work either. Now that iWeb '09 allows exporting to places other than just MobileMe, is there a way to update my site using iWeb? How would I do this? Has any other Dotster user done this? If this isn't possible, then does MobileMe allow you to pay extra for a ".com" domain name? How much does this cost? Has anybody had experience with this. I know for a fact that MobileMe's interface would be a million times better than the crap I'm going through with Dotster! If this were possible, I know I'd be paying less for MobileMe, getting 19GB more than I am now, it would work with syncing my iPod Touch to my MacBook and the "Cloud", and there would be WAY more features. Let me know what you think or if this is possible! Thanks!

Notebook: aluminum MacBook (2.4 GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3 GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 32GB partition for Vista Home Premium, Ubuntu Linux 8.10 running in VMWare Fusion 2)
iPod: 16GB iPod Touch (2nd generation), 8GB iPod Nano (3rd generation)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with Fetch. | Putting a poll on my iWeb site »