New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Need help with Fetch.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

student_mac

student_mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2GB Macbook, White

So,
i currently work for National newspapers making press packages from Premiership press conferences. When i have finished editing my package i upload different files to different ftp addresses in Fetch.

Myself and a friend would like to set up our own fetch account because we want to put all our work in a database so we can gain access to it and so it is on the net aswell just in cases our comps break or something.

How do i go about making my own ftp address in fetch? Does it dl it for me?

Colour means nothing to a blind man
QUOTE Thanks
danielb

Generally you need a ftp server to run the ftp repository. Your mac has ftp but since you are looking for a place (another machine) to back up your files this won't help you much. Unless you have access to another server, you can look for a public ftp site that allows uploads to park your files on. Although I don't use Fetch and looking at the website for the software, it appears to be a only a client program.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

Correct, Fetch is only a client. You need to find a web hoster with ftp or set up a dedicated machine with an ftp server.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Web Design Program to Use? | iWeb '09 and Dotster »