New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Can't get mail client to work with hosting company serer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

grmgroup

I currently lease a Plesk server from Interland and am in the process of dumping it. I have about 10 clients plus my 2 sites on Plesk. I switched over my 2 business sites to individual accounts. I can send and receive via webmail. But in any and all email clients, I get an error message saying server rejects password. I switched outgoing to my ISP so I can send from my email client which helps a little. Repeated calls and trouble tickets sent to Interland result in them telling me it's a problem on my end. I thought maybe their was a keychain I'm missing so I reformatted an old HD I had and can't send or receive from that. Any suggestions (besides advising me to move to another company which is a last resort). Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Have you tried adding a @domain.com on the end of the username in the Mail preferences > accounts tab?

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
SogniX

I run a plesk server, and this is what I and my clients use:

In/Out Mail Server : mail.yourdomainname.com
Username : 1stpart of your email before the @
(altho I think email@yourdomainname.com should work too)

For sending, click Server Settings on the outgoing mail server, and change that to Password with your username and password.

Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
grmgroup

Thanks. I'm dumping Plesk. It's the new apache server. They want me to use: smtp.registeredsite.com for incoming and outgoing. I typed in the same pw I use for webmail and nada. I changed outgoing to optonline.net and that worked. Still can't receive. A real ****-off as I have all my mailboxes set up the way I like it. On top of that, webmail is like watching grass grow.
QUOTE Thanks
grmgroup

Don't know if this is a factor but my modem is connected to a hub and from there to all my computers in the office. Maybe I need to reconfigure hub. It's been so long, I don't remember what I did when I set it up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Javascript and Safari (earlier versions) | Setting up PHP and PHP Nuke »