Can't get mail client to work with hosting company serer
    I currently lease a Plesk server from Interland and am in the process of dumping it. I have about 10 clients plus my 2 sites on Plesk. I switched over my 2 business sites to individual accounts. I can send and receive via webmail. But in any and all email clients, I get an error message saying server rejects password. I switched outgoing to my ISP so I can send from my email client which helps a little. Repeated calls and trouble tickets sent to Interland result in them telling me it's a problem on my end. I thought maybe their was a keychain I'm missing so I reformatted an old HD I had and can't send or receive from that. Any suggestions (besides advising me to move to another company which is a last resort). Thanks.

Whangarei, New Zealand
    Have you tried adding a on the end of the username in the Mail preferences > accounts tab?
    I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.

I run a plesk server, and this is what I and my clients use:

In/Out Mail Server :
    Username : 1stpart of your email before the @
    (altho I think should work too)

For sending, click Server Settings on the outgoing mail server, and change that to Password with your username and password.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I'm dumping Plesk. It's the new apache server. They want me to use: for incoming and outgoing. I typed in the same pw I use for webmail and nada. I changed outgoing to and that worked. Still can't receive. A real ****-off as I have all my mailboxes set up the way I like it. On top of that, webmail is like watching grass grow.

Don't know if this is a factor but my modem is connected to a hub and from there to all my computers in the office. Maybe I need to reconfigure hub. It's been so long, I don't remember what I did when I set it up.

Thread Information