New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

uploading just the photos using FTP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smi2710

smi2710 is on a distinguished road

how can i jsut update the photo albums page of my site witout having to update the entire contents of the site

say i add a new album how do i jsut FTP that album rather then all of them

thanks

oh and i am using iweb but not using mobile or .mac
QUOTE Thanks
Turk182

Turk182 is an unknown at this point

I recommend a stand alone FTP product like Captain FTP. All you do is log into your site via the FTP app, navigate the left window to your local website file, and navigate your right side window to the directory on your site where the file is that you updated locally & want to upload, then it is as simple as grabbing that local file from left window and dropping it over onto the server (at the same path of course) and overwriting that 1 single file you edited in the right window. this way, you only upload the 1 file you touched. now, of course, if you added images or scripts or css to that 1 page, you also have to navigate to those paths and grab those files and carry them over 1 by 1 to your server and drop them in place.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Who blogs? | Domain Name and Host-Dreamweaver »