Thread: Need some help.

Specs:
    Mac mini. 2.0Ghz. 1GB RAM.120GB harddrive.
    Need some help.
    Okay so me and my buddy are working on our website, We have the domain name, and we just got webhosting through fatcow

when i sign in to edit, it has an option for ftp. Thats what i would be using so i can upload my iweb site, correct?

And im working on the site right now, with iweb. And i cant figure out how to put a paypal button on my iweb site, if anyone could help i would appreciate it!

Specs:
    MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
    FTP is a pretty good way to upload web sites -- that's how I usually do it.

As for how to add a PayPal button, have you tried the "Create Button" tools in the "Merchant Services" link on paypal.com?

Specs:
    Mac mini. 2.0Ghz. 1GB RAM.120GB harddrive.
    Okay that worked thank you, i just gave in and used mobile me.

Um now my question is, Can i make changes from another computer to my website? Or do i have to use the computer i uploaded it with?

And say for whatever reason my computer breaks, or is un-usable.. what do i do to manage my website?

Specs:
    MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
    In general, no, you don't have to have the same computer to edit it. I don't know if iWeb is different in some fashion though. Generally on a new computer, you'd simply FTP in, download your site so you can work on it, then upload the changes. The biggest problem is remembering to then download any changes you make on your original computer so you don't accidentally overwrite them with an old page.

Same for if your computer breaks. Simply download the pages again. If you are concerned however, you should be making backups of your work. Save them to another computer or a USB thumb drive. That way you have two local copies and your remote copy on the website.

Thread Information