New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Batch Update HTML Files?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hadfiiw

hadfiiw is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I am a bit new to the Mac world and have finally ditched my last Windows PC. I have gone to edit my web page and cannot figure out how to batch update all my HTML files at once.

All my HTML files have the same side bar, header, and footer. Sometimes those need to be changed (which would cause that change on ALL the HTML files).

On my windows machine, my HTML editor had a function where I could do a find and replace of all HTML files in a directory. Is there any way to do that on a Mac? Free SW would be nice but I know that isn't always the case.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Clairejr

Clairejr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4

You can do it with Rage Web Design. The program isn't free but you can download a trial version:

WebDesign: Download the Mac HTML Editor | RAGE WebDesign for Mac OS X

If you plan on working on websites with HTML, I'd highly recommend Rage Web Design. I've tried all of the HTML editors, and Web Design is, in my opinion, the best with the most features. And it's reasonably priced.

Claire

Claire Rottenberg
Homepage: Mac Tips and More
Follow me on Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

The 'best' way would be to make the common HTML code into seperate file that each of your pages just includes so that you only have to make changes to the one file.

However, what you asked for is a cross-file search and replace tool . . . . Text Wrangler has such a feature Bare Bones Software | Benefits

HTH
mrplow

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free search engine? | iWeb page, hosting? »