ASP.Net on a Mac (dreamweaver)

Does anyone know of any guides / help about how to set up ASP.Net in Dreamweaver CS3 Mac. I've tried messing around with the testing server settings in the manage sites wizard, but i still get the same problem:

Whenever i view my pages in a browser, it only shows the code.

I normally wouldn't bother with it, but I do have some .Net websites i made ages ago for a client, and its really annoying having to launch parallels and visual studio to have a play around (and take screenshots for prospective clients).

Coatesville, PA
    MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
    ASP.Net requires a Windows based web server (IIS specifically). You won't be able to run the code (at least natively) on OS X. You could set up a virtual Windows server using something like VMWare. Or if you have a separate Windows server sitting around somewhere you can use that. Actually, you can install IIS on Windows XP Pro, so you wouldn't need a server version.

What you are seeing is that the web server doesn't know how to handle the .aspx extention, so is just passing it all to you as text.

While Thyamine is right about why you're just seeing the code, it is actually possible to run ASP.NET on MacOS via projects like Mono, Cocoa# and so on.

That said, I would advise against it. It sounds terrible to even advocate this as someone who moved to MacOS solely for development purposes, but I'd sooner develop .NET on a decent Windows machine with Visual Studio. No headaches.

I'd either live with virtualization or consider learning another language. If you're coding in C#, you should be able to pick up another object oriented language in no time.

Thread Information