New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

CMS/mysql/dreamweaver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

design2

does anyone know of some open source content management systems
( php / mysql ) also on another note, using dreamweaver i always have problems acessing my database though their testing server wizard..however if i upload a connection file with the settings it works fine.

but if i do not set it up in dreamw using testing server i cannot use their prewritten scripts like user authentication / logon , etc..

im not really interested in learning too much in writing php/mysql
i already have phpmyadmin and that seems fine.

so is there any other mac program like dreamweaver where you can setup your database settings and create a login page / weblog with ease? or should i just download a CMS ? ..i've only found really advanced CMS that go into great detail. thanks.

design2
QUOTE Thanks
funky

http://www.hotscripts.com/ is probably the best place to go for CMS apps. There is also http://php.resourceindex.com.
QUOTE Thanks
coreymcl

Have you looked at mambo?
QUOTE Thanks
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreymcl
Have you looked at mambo?
Yes, I actually used Mambo. It is VERY EASY to make a "module" type page for, I forget what they call them. PHP Nuke calls them modules, I forget what Mambo calls them. Once you've made one you enable it via the admin pages.

But yes, the usability and look if mambo is very nice, I like it much better than PHPNuke.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« access website on my computer | Need help setting up a ftp server »