New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Blog setup Newb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jbliton

jbliton is on a distinguished road

I am new to Macs and to blogging. I want to setup a blog for my school and have a new mac server. i know nothing of setting this up and would like some open source package that will make my life easier. I know some html and have Adobe web premium cs3 to help me out but i would like a template that i could edit and make my own. I know i'm asking for the world. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. The cost should be low to nothing. Thanks in advance!!
QUOTE Thanks
podraig

podraig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G

Do you want others to have admin access to your blog or will you be the only editor?

Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving
QUOTE Thanks
jbliton

I want them to be able to add posts but not be an administrator. Is that possible?
QUOTE Thanks
rembrandt

rembrandt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro

Do you already have this Mac server setup so that others can access a intranet or whatever you've setup via a browser?

What blogging platform did you have in mind? Ie Wordpress?
QUOTE Thanks
jbliton

It is set up. I have it added to the domain and set the options for access i believe. I do not have a dns entry made though. Do i need that first.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« fanboy apple blog | website webcam »