New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Mouse triggers through windows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spiv

spiv is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I registered here to report a huge annoyance I find within mac OS. I wonder if anyone expriences the same.

When you have a website open, which has functions relying on mousemovements or events, it seems that those get triggered even when the window isn't active. I've been working years with Windows and never experienced this.

I work on mac since Tiger and even Leopard has this same behaviour. This can't be on purpose, right? or is it?

Even, for instance, when you're in firefox and have the address panel fold out, when there's a button under that folded out panel and you click on an address it will also trigger that button.

Another example: I have a site running which pictures move when moving the mouse to X or Y. When I activate another window in mac, those mousemovements are still triggering the site's picture!

Has this been a topic before?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I've been using OS X and Safari since they have been released and can't remember this being a big issue.

I have seen a browser have problems with odd overlay issues where the button underneath was still active, but I can't remember which browser that was.

Perhaps a link to a site that displays this problem would be helpful. Or a video.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
spiv

as I figured out it's always with flash sites. The focus of the mouse seems to be still active even when working in another window/program.

go to this site

Open your mail for instance, click a button of your mail and then see what happened to the background picture of the site.
It's gone...somewhere in a rediculous Y value. After a while it comes back when you keep the site in front.

What happens here is: the picture of the site relies on your Y movement of mouse. So small resolutions can see the whole picture. This always stays neatly inside the browserwindow. When going to another program the Y value and limits of the browserwindow get screwed. Extremely weird and annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Interesting effect. All you have to do is click the title bar of another application and the Flash image on that page disappears.

I'm guessing a bug in Flash where it somehow keeps focus on the mouse. You should report it to Adobe, and perhaps Apple too.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
spiv

I already did. It's a communication problem between flashplayer and macOS I guess. Strange i don't see any reports of this behaviour. Thanks for looking into it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HostGator.com Coupons :) :) | Deleting Past Searches in Websites »