NuKe
    Looking for a hosting company
    Hi all,
    Well I am figuring there are at least a few people on here that host sites professionally. I am looking to get a website going, that I can edit from anywhere (on the road and may need to upload photos), and I do not need to know any html coding to do so. I would be posting pictures on the site, mostly, and then probably some small video files.
    Thanks,
    Mike

viq
    Quote Originally Posted by NuKe
    Hi all,
    Well I am figuring there are at least a few people on here that host sites professionally. I am looking to get a website going, that I can edit from anywhere (on the road and may need to upload photos), and I do not need to know any html coding to do so. I would be posting pictures on the site, mostly, and then probably some small video files.
    Thanks,
    Mike

How's it going Mike,

Have you tried .Mac? I know that you can set up instantly a gallery without knowing code. If you want your own ".com" you can always forward it to your .mac account. If not, then i recommend checking out: Hostrocket.com , Site5.com, Midphase.com. I've been with all three of these at some point. Whether it be for personal or client use and they are all great. Thing cool thing is that now they have in the control panel a program called, "Fantastico", which has several different photo gallery programs that you can install without any html, php knowledge. You can upload from anywhere also. I hope this helps!
    -ViQ

phatsew
    It seems like for what you want, .Mac is totally the way to go. It will be effortless to administer from your Mac, and like the previous poster said, you can forward a domain name to it.

If not, I recommend GoDaddy.com. I've had real problems with HostRocket in the past.

proudlywelsh83
    For general hosting look at oneandone.co.uk a supurb hosting with many different packages avaliabe. They also offer a site builder to make it easy to create your own webpage with very little knowledge.

flonejek
    Yeah, I agree with vic, .Mac is for you

OT: I've got .Mac, and its great but I could really do with some php/MySQL support, does anyone have a reccomendation for getting apple to support them?

NuKe
    Hey thanks guys. I think I will look at .Mac first, then check out the others. One question about .Mac. I know some of you guys mentioned something about domain names with .Mac, but I want to know if I can have my own domain name (www.nukessite.com or whatever), versus having something that to access you have to go through a different domain, then to mine. You may have already answered this, but I may have missed it. Like I don't want the URL to have anything .mac, .apple, or anything like that in it.
    Thanks for all the help so far,
    Mike

Brigrat
    Are you a nuke? I've been working in the industry for a while now, and don't find many mac users!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    No, you can't have your own domain with .Mac.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

d-funct
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb
    No, you can't have your own domain with .Mac.
    No but I'm sure you can have a web-forward ...

TapperManor
    Hi Mike,

I do agree that .MAC is a good option for you.............

However, if you want I would be happy to set up a site with your own domain name. The site would have "Gallery" Software so you can upload pics very easily. A simple web interface is all you need to upload pics. As a fellow mac user I can also work with you to design the look/color scheme that you want.

The gallery would look something like this:

http://CZVT.com/gallery/

Tapper
    http://SpringRiverEnterprises.com

Quote Originally Posted by NuKe
    Hi all,
    Thanks,
    Mike

NuKe
    tappermanor,
    Thanks,
    I will be getting in touch with you soon.

Thanks guys,
    Mike

@Brigrat:
    What are you talking about in that post?

SvFerrero

Thread Information