New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Email Templets?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

Im trying to sent out emails so that I can just dump text(something like 5 Pages documents long) into a templet and hit send. I know Mail has some simple templets, but they don't seem to get any longer than one page. Basically what I need is to send out a weekly news letter, that has some pictures on the edges, basically it has to look some what fancy....

And I have no idea where to start. Any ideas on what to do? I have considered iContact, but I need a domain in which I can publish a website via iWeb.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

EDIT: I just discovered to save as HTML in MS Word 2008 for Mac.. Now my question is how to I attached that into an email, so that it isn't an attachment, rather upon up the email and it is there... Thanks

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
podraig

podraig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G

use grab from your utilites, and select the area you want from the doc and save as an Image, then drag the image into the body of the email

Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

equinux - Stationery Pack

Disclaimer: I work there - but we have some photo templates that might fit the bill...
QUOTE Thanks
Icon

Icon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: New Macbook soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post

Disclaimer: I work there - but we have some photo templates that might fit the bill...
why is #2 so high? I have #1?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
why is #2 so high? I have #1?
Nearly every template now also has a whole bunch of design variations, so instead of just 111 designs like in Pack 1 you now get 123 templates with a total of 660 design variations...
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post

Thanks, and if my school wanted to pay for me to get it I would, but they don't want to.

Will saving the email as .html and opening it on Safari and then viewing the source code and copy and pasting it into the body of the email work??

I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Alrighty thanks guys.. I figured it out. It turns out that Google's Web based email client doesn't support HTML.. who woulda knew? I have it up and running now.

I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Sure Gmail supports HTML (our templates show up fine).

But like most webmail services there are a bunch of caveats in its html rendering engine that you need to incorporate in the HTML to make it display correctly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Designing with GIMP | Transmit FTP Problem »