New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Opinions and comments on a design

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CircularSaw

CircularSaw will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook

Hi all,

I've posted some design ideas here. Variations on a similar layout. If any of you have the time to look and comment I would be most grateful.

If you could let me know which you prefer, why and any other comments you may have.

Idea 01

Idea 02
This has the items in the top of the two rows swapped around.

Idea 03
This has the partner section lined up vertically with the first item on the row below it.

Idea 04
This has the logo smaller and lined up with the items below it.

Thanks for your comments.
Please be aware, branding and images are copyrighted although I have used a dummy logo, the look of the logo is the same at the final one.

Web Designer
Microsoft Web Developer
MacBook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
DarkKnight369

DarkKnight369 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen

What information is most important to display? Does the Microsoft partnership info need to be prominent? If not, I prefer design 2. Although, I would line up the links a little different. Either match it to the picture edge (one or the other), or line it up with the right justified edge of the marketing text. Seems to be floating on its own to me.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I like Design number three. I think DarkKnight369 is right about the microsoft thing being a bit on the large side. I can see why you made it that large you wanted to balance it with the picture. I think you should vary your design a little bit more than that. Just seems like you are playing with the margins and doing flush left and flush right.

It's a very clean design, but for me the negative space at the top between the logomark and the search button is a little distracting.
QUOTE Thanks
iTouch

iTouch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod - iMac

First of all, they all look pretty good. It's not easy getting a fully great design. I've been there done that. When you think you like it, then you think you don't.

I prefer #2 the most, they're all good though. Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
CircularSaw

CircularSaw will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook

Thanks for the replies.
To answer the few questions. All of the 5 definable sections are important. The MS Gold Partner logo is a big thing for our company however I've had to make the logo a lil smaller so that the spacing around the logo is consistent with Microsoft's rules on how you use this logo.

The microsoft bit will link to a major part of the site and as a result of this, it must appear in a prominent position.

I guess it's always a personal preference with these kinds of things. I'm in the process of building the site now on SharePoint. I'll post the link up here when it's in a published state.

Thanks again!

Web Designer
Microsoft Web Developer
MacBook Owner
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Creating Web banner ads | How to integrate php chat in my site? »