New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

ghost writing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rdkr

Hiya all,
I just started a website, it is mainly photos ( 350+) but want it on seach engines so have placed words on the photopages, white text on a white back ground. Good or bad idea?. Read a little about meta text but not sure of its value?
QUOTE Thanks
vtupser

You should probably just use the meta tag with keywords for example: <meta name="keywords" content="pictures, france, etc..."> instead of placing white text on a white background. Even though search engines do check for actual content on the pages, you are more likely to get a hit from your meta data. Plus white text on the white background take up space for your design and could make it hard to make things line up or look the way you want.
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

I think doing that white text on the white background method is illigal. I could've sworn that I read an article on that somewhere. You're better off using Meta Tags for keywords, site description and stuff like that. And also, make sure you use "Alt" tags for all of your images. Name them stuff, or descriptions.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IWA-HWG Online courses in Graphic animation. Is it a waste of time? | automating webmail in safari? »