New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Web Design

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnothardcore View Post
tables are a terrible idea though.

with css there is really no excuse to use tables.

AND dreamweaver can handle css
Div tags then >_>"
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

imnothardcore is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

lol, hehe sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
CircularSaw

CircularSaw will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgig View Post
I think it's easier to do on a mac than a pc. Most things work easier on a mac. Windows just gets in the way.
I'm sorry but i have to take opbjection to this comment. NOTHING about web design is better or worse on either platform. The theories and fundamentals stay the same. The only difference is a preference of programs you want to use.

I usually use Microsoft Expression Web & Photoshop when designing but there is no reason why i could not use a Mac HTML/CSS coding program.

The best advice I can offer for someone who wants to learn is DON'T use a WYSIYG application. You cannot create good site using a drag and drop application. Get dirty, work with the code directly. Understand how it all fits together and you'll be in a much better place than...

"Such and such works in Dreamweaver but when i view in IE...etc etc"

I own a mac because i wanted a small powerful laptop and always fancied having a mac and learning about them.

Anyone who tells you that Macs are a better platform than windoes, they're wrong. Each has their own benefits.

P.S.
Use tables for holding data and Divs for layout. That is the standard way these days. You can however drop tables completly but this is personal preference.

Let me know if you would like any more advice.

Web Designer
Microsoft Web Developer
MacBook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

I disagree over the differences in the OS's

I think you can not only prefer one, but also get through your work faster with one OS over the other.

Expose and Spaces are a few tools that greatly help the organization of whatever few programs you are using at the same time.

This is a fantastic OS feature that makes me work much quicker, and much more efficently when doing websites.

and I can have photoshop and all others open on different spaces and use them when I need to without the clutter on my desktop.
QUOTE Thanks
CircularSaw

Microsoft Desktop Manager...

Allows you to have multiple desktops that are accessible through shortcuts etc...

Most popular tools for creating websites are:

Dreamweaver
Visual Studio
Adobe CS (photoshop etc)
Adobe Flash
Adobe Fireworks

These are are all available on both platforms.

If you are an ASP developer, you pretty much have to work on windows anyway. So i always end up running Windows Server in a VM on my mac.

Web Designer
Microsoft Web Developer
MacBook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

is it third party?

i have never heard of that
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I've never heard of that program either, but I know there are programs for windows that tries to emulate spaces by making it 3D. Kind of meh whatever for me. <_<"

Web design is pretty much the same on both platforms. I use Adobe CS3 on both my Mac and PC machine and they work the same way, key commands are a little different and the layout is a little different too but it's the same thing people.

Neither is better than the other.
QUOTE Thanks
CircularSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnothardcore View Post
is it third party?

i have never heard of that
It's part of the microsoft power tools. Search for it. Dosn't look as good as spaces but does the same thing.

Web Designer
Microsoft Web Developer
MacBook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

btw, i dont consider dreamweaver a full drag n drop.

i dont use the design window, just the code one. it helps keep stuff organized.

i started using text mate, i frikkin love it but i dont want to spend 50 bucks on it, or whatever it is.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« JDK Version 5 | Keynote 08 Question »