New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

which hosting site is better in my list?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

millertime07MSU

millertime07MSU is on a distinguished road

which is better?

www.sharkspace.com
www.nixism.com
www.hawkhost.com
www.digitallyjustified.com

or is there something better?

i will be hosting a portfolio website so i need a lot of diskspace for photos, videos, and other files of the sort. i think bandwidth is pretty important as far as video watching goes, and i would like to have fast upload speeds.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

Can't tell you about any on your list, but...

Have you tried Photobucket.com? Lots of folks here use it and I've seen it recommended by others as well. I've used it for a couple of years with success, but I don't use much space...

Noel
QUOTE Thanks
HostColor

HostColor is on a distinguished road

I don't know any of these... But I've reviewed their websites and I'll be honest with you. One of the companies claims they offer "best web hosting"... it is obviously not true. The other one - nixism - looks much better. but I wasn't able to find their physical presence.

The offerings of the third web host, the one with bird's name looks reasonable. Many people would say for the last one digital... that they sell very expensive, but I'm in this business so I would say that you should try to find what is behind the price... do they offer something special as a service or customer support... That's it!
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

HawkHost isn't bad. I've dealt with them in the past. Although they have their ups and downs, I think they'll do for you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I build sites with iWeb, but I publish different sites to different servers.... | iWeb, uploading onto other webhosts »