New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

question about hosting, beneficial to know

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

millertime07MSU

millertime07MSU is on a distinguished road

Here is my dilemma, thanks to a thread in these forums I was directed to a hosting website called http://pc-core.net and I was interested in using them, because it does not appear that they oversell at all. My question is regarding the fact that they have the shared hosting for $12/month with ~5gb of disk space and 50gb of transfer. I then just looked at reseller hosting for the heck of it, and noticed i could get a reseller hosting account with 45gb storage and 450gb of bandwidth for $10/month. Even though I wont be selling hosting, or anything like that, can I use a reseller hosting account like a normal shared hosting account?...just with more space and bandwidth?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime07MSU View Post
Here is my dilemma, thanks to a thread in these forums I was directed to a hosting website called http://pc-core.net and I was interested in using them, because it does not appear that they oversell at all. My question is regarding the fact that they have the shared hosting for $12/month with ~5gb of disk space and 50gb of transfer. I then just looked at reseller hosting for the heck of it, and noticed i could get a reseller hosting account with 45gb storage and 450gb of bandwidth for $10/month. Even though I wont be selling hosting, or anything like that, can I use a reseller hosting account like a normal shared hosting account?...just with more space and bandwidth?

Thanks!
Your probably going to have to ask the host directly because they all have different policies.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

$12 a month is robbery if you ask me. Yes you can probably use reseller hosting as your normal hosting, they probably dont want you to do it but cant really stop you. To be safe I would contact their support to know for sure.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

I pay $10 a month for 400GB Disk Space 4000GB Bandwidth, so I agree with Tuba, thats a rip!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
millertime07MSU

millertime07MSU is on a distinguished road

so what host are you using....and do they oversell... id rather have less space and bandwidth and faster speeds than having a ton of both and being crammed together with a million other people on the same server....
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

I have been with them for over 5 years, hosting a DJ site and my photo portfolio, never had a problem. I usually pull over 800kb/s from my site. I don't know about their policies, but they work for me.

http://www.surpasshosting.com/

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
HostColor

HostColor is on a distinguished road

Offering such as "400GB Disk Space 4000GB Bandwidth" is pure overselling. I would suggest you not to sign up for reseller hosting account unless you really need it. Just ask the web host why do they sell Reseller plan for less than shared hosting service.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Choosing A WebHost - My Experience | e commerce? »