New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Sending HTML through Email

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pyrofusion

pyrofusion is on a distinguished road

I have to send an HTML email, but I'm missing something.

I have my HTML page encoded, and I put Outlook on HTML mode, but when I send the email, the receiver still only gets a bunch of code, not the nice-looking HTML Layout we've worked so hard on.

I'm opening the HTML's source code, copy/pasting it in the body of the email.
Obviously this is wrong. Can someone please tell me how it's supposed to be done?

And yes I know HTML emails are evil, no I'm not a spammer, and I know I'm facing an army of filters. But if someone could help me out, I would really appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks
CirtexHosting

CirtexHosting is on a distinguished road

I think that it depends on the email client which is used. Have you already modulated situation with other email client?
QUOTE Thanks
pyrofusion

pyrofusion is on a distinguished road

Yes I have tried with several email clients but nothing seems to work. I cannot make this html document come across as layed-out, instead, I'm sending a bunch of ugly code.
QUOTE Thanks
Thyamine

Thyamine will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb

If it's coming through as the HTML instead of a web page then either you aren't sending it an email encoded for HTML or the client can't receive HTML emails or is translating it to text. Those are the only options, so if no email client is seeing it properly, I'd double check your settings on the web and mail server side.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If you are using entourage then I can tell you how its done.

Make your email in a proper HTML editor.

Download the entourage script send complex html

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id...ine-files-2004

Easy to use and works when sending to PC outlook users (I use it for internal company email newsletters as well as promotion emails to journalists
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWEB & the mystery of the links | Flash CS3 - Animation »